Dried apricots and raspberry coulis provide a fruity one-two punch in these pretty pinwheel cookies.
- 1/3 cup Water
- 3 Tbsp. Sugar
- 1/2 cup Honey
- 12 pcs. Dried apricots
- 1 tsp. Ginger, fresh, minced
- 5 sheets Athens Phyllo Dough, thawed
- 3 Tbsp. Butter, melted
- In a 1 qt. saucepan combine water, sugar, honey, apricots and ginger. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer covered for 20-30 minutes. Strain and cool.
- Cover Phyllo with plastic wrap and then a damp towel. Layer the 5 sheets of Phyllo together brushing each layer lightly with melted butter including the last sheet.
- Cut the Phyllo into 12″ X 16″ inch rectangle (use the trimmed leftover Phyllo to make small garnishes). Cut the rectangle into twelve 4″ squares.
- At each corner of the square cut 1 1/2 inches towards the center. Place one apricot in the center and lift every other corner to the center of the apricot to form the star.
- Seal with melted butter.
- Bake at 375°F for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve with Raspberry Coulis.