Blue cheese certainly makes a strong statement in any recipe, but the apricot and pistachio nuts balance the flavors out quite nicely. Impress your guests with these gourmet appetizers.
- 6 ounces (approximately 1 cup) dried apricots
- 2/3 cup diced pistachios, shelled and chopped
- 1/2 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chiffonade
- 2 packages (15 count, each) Athens® Phyllo Shells
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
- Basil leaves, for garnish
In a medium bowl, toss together apricots, pistachios, blue cheese and basil. Spoon one heaping teaspoon of filling into each shell. Drizzle with honey, and garnish with basil leaves.
Serve at room temperature.