With a filling featuring shrimp accompanied by ginger, honey, soy sauce and mini corn, this inspired appetizer puts a powerful mix of Asian flavors into a crunchy phyllo shell.
- 1/2 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 4 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon lime zest
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup cooked, peeled and diced shrimp
- 1/4 cup small diced red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup drained canned Asian mini corn, cut 1/2 inch lengths
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced on bias green onion
- 1 package (15 count) Athens® Phyllo Shells
In a medium skillet, heat oil and sauté ginger until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add lime juice, honey, soy sauce and lime zest. Heat to a simmer. In a small bowl, combine water and cornstarch until smooth; add to sauce stirring constantly. Cook for 2-3 minutes until thickened. Stir in shrimp, remove from heat and allow to marinate at least 30 minutes. Add vegetables, heat and stir 1-2 minutes. Spoon filling into phyllo shells. Serve warm.
Serving size: 1 shell (19g), Amount per serving: Calories 35, Total Fat – 1g, Saturated fat – 0g, Trans Fat – 0g, Cholesterol – 5mg, Sodium – 100mg, Dietary Fiber – 0g, Total Carbohydrate –4g, Total Sugars – 1g, Protein –2g, Vitamin D – 0%, Calcium 0%, Iron 0%, Potassium 0%