Cream cheese, bacon bits, cheddar and ranch dressing come together with flaky phyllo in this flavorful appetizer.
- 10 sheets Athens® Phyllo Dough (9″ x 14″), thawed
- 3 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 oz. real bacon bits
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 Tablespoon ranch dressing, fat free
- Cooking spray
Thaw one roll of Phyllo, following thawing instructions on package. Preheat oven to 400°F.
In a medium mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese, bacon, cheese and ranch dressing. Mix thoroughly.
Open the Phyllo and cover the sheets with a damp towel or plastic wrap to prevent drying out. Place one sheet of Phyllo on cutting surface and lightly coat with cooking spray. Repeat with nine more sheets of Phyllo, but do not spray the top layer of Phyllo. Spread cream cheese mixture evenly over the layered Phyllo. Starting with the long side of the Phyllo, begin rolling the pinwheel tightly. Spray the last quarter inch border of Phyllo to seal the seam. Cut the pinwheels into ¼ – ½ inch segments and arrange on a baking tray. Coat the outside of the pinwheels with cooking spray. Reroll unused sheets and follow storing instructions on package.
Bake for 10 – 12 minutes. Serve.
• Pinwheel rolls can be wrapped in plastic and frozen prior to baking. To serve, unwrap, cut and bake following baking instructions.
• Brush outside of the pinwheels with egg wash to improve browning.