Make it Fabulous with Phyllo Recipe Contest Entry
- 1 quart strawberries, hulled, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Pinch of salt
- 1 package (15 count) Athens® Chocolate or Traditional Phyllo Shells
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
In a large mixing bowl, combine the strawberries, balsamic vinegar, basil and black pepper. Gently fold to mix well and allow strawberries to marinate for at least 30 minutes. Drain excess liquid.
In a small bowl, combine the mascarpone cheese, honey and salt. Spoon strawberry mixture into each Phyllo shell. Spoon or pipe mascarpone mixture on top. Garnish with toasted almonds and serve.