A creamy filling of sweetened mascarpone and heavy whipping cream get a berry-powered glaze and and a Mini Phyllo Shell crunch in these mini treats.
- 12 ounces mascarpone
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream, chilled
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 3 tablespoons dark berry liqueur, such as blueberry, blackberry or crËme de cassis
- 1 1/2 quarts fresh berries
- 3 packages (15 count, each) Athens® Phyllo Shells
- Lemon zest for garnish
In a medium bowl, beat together mascarpone, cream, sugar and lemon zest with an electric mixer at high speed until mixture holds stiff peak. Set aside.
In a small saucepan, combine marmalade and liqueur; simmer and stir for about two minutes to make a light glaze.
Spoon 1 tablespoon marscapone filling into each mini Phyllo shell. Gently mix the fresh berries and glaze. Garnish mini shells with glazed berries and lemon zest.