This creative dish features a light, flaky phyllo crust topped with pesto, feta cheese, olives and artichokes to create a pizza loaded with Mediterranean flavors.
- 10 sheets Athens® Phyllo Dough (9″x14″), thawed
- 1 egg white
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons basil pesto
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 3 tablespoons kalamata olives, sliced
- 20 artichoke quarters
Thaw one roll of phyllo, following thawing instructions on package. Preheat oven to 375°F.
In a small mixing bowl, combine egg white, oil and water with a fork. Unroll and cover phyllo sheets with plastic wrap and then a slightly damp towel to prevent drying out. Place one sheet of phyllo on cutting surface and lightly coat with egg white mixture. Repeat with nine more sheets of phyllo. Cut the layered phyllo in half widthwise to create two pizza bases and place on a baking tray. Re-roll unused sheets and follow storing instructions on package.
Bake for 8 minutes or just until the phyllo starts to brown. Remove from oven and cool.
Spread half the basil pesto over each baked pizza base. Top each pizza with cheese, olives and artichokes. Bake on baking tray for 10-12 minutes. Remove and cut into pieces. Serve.
Serving size: 1 pizza (218 g), Amount per serving: Calories 590, Total Fat – 40g, Saturated fat – 9g, Trans Fat – 0g, Cholesterol – 40mg, Sodium – 980 mg, Dietary Fiber – 3g, Total Carbohydrate – 45g, Sugars – 5g, Protein – 16g, Vitamin D –0%, Calcium 20%, Iron 6%, Potassium – 2%
- Assembled pizzas can be wrapped in plastic wrap and frozen prior to baking. To serve, unwrap and follow baking instructions.
- Egg white mixture holds phyllo layers together better than cooking spray.