These bite-sized desserts pair a creamy filling featuring Kahlua, coffee and chocolate with a Mini Phyllo Shell for an irresistible added crunch.
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1 tablespoon Kahlua
- 1/2 teaspoon plain gelatin
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon instant coffee powder
- 2 tablespoons semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 package (15 count) Athens® Mini Phyllo Shells
- 2 tablespoons shredded coconut, for garnish
In a small chilled bowl, whip heavy cream to full volume. Chill for 1 hour. In a small pan, combine water, Kahlua and gelatin and let stand for 1 minute. Add powdered sugar, instant coffee and chocolate chips. Over low heat stir until chocolate chips are melted. Bring to room temperature. Gently fold the chocolate mixture into the whipped cream. Chill for 1 hour. Spoon or pipe 2 teaspoons of filling into each Phyllo Shell. Garnish with shredded coconut. Serve immediately.