The classic Italian cannoli gets a Greek twist in a bite-sized treasure with these phyllo shell desserts.
- 2 packages (15 count, each) Athens® Phyllo Shells
- 1 cup candy melts, chocolate, white or colors, melted (optional)
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons confectioners sugar, sifted, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/3 cups ricotta cheese, well drained
- 4 teaspoons Grand Marnier
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 2 tablespoons miniature semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Candied cherries (optional for garnish)
- Pistachios, ground (optional for garnish)
Optional- Dip rims of phyllo shells in melted chocolate or colored candy melts. Set aside to harden.
In a small bowl sift together 2 tablespoons confectioners sugar and cinnamon.
In a medium bowl, beat ricotta cheese on medium speed with an electric mixer for 2 minutes. Add 1/4 confectioners sugar and Grand Marnier. Beat 2-3 minutes or until mixture is smooth. Mix in the orange zest and chocolate chips. Chill for 1 hour. Spoon or pipe filling into each phyllo shell.
Garnish with candied cherries or pistachios if using.
Sprinkle cinnamon sugar mixture over shells and serve immediately.