A salad consisting of chickpeas, spinach, bell peppers and carrots gets a sweet-and-spicy dressing and and crunchy phyllo shell in these easy-to-assemble appetizers.
- 1 cup canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup red (or green) bell peppers, finely diced
- 1/4 cup carrots, shredded
- 1/4 cup scallions, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoons fresh flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves, chopped
- 2 packages (15 count, each) Athens Phyllo Shells
In a medium bowl, combine the chickpeas, bell pepper, carrot, scallions, and parsley.
In a small bowl, whisk together lemon juice, oil, maple syrup and curry powder.
Drizzle dressing over chickpea mixture and toss to coat evenly.
Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Set aside.
Place about 1/2 tablespoon of baby spinach into each shell.
Top with 1 tablespoon of the chickpea filling.
Serving size: 1 piece (56g); Calories: 90; Calories from Fat: 25; Total Fat: 2.5g; Saturated Fat: 0g; Trans Fat: 0g; Cholesterol: 0mg; Sodium: 150mg; Dietary Fiber: 2g; Total Carbohydrates: 14g; Sugars: 2g; Protein: 3g; Vitamin A: 6%; Vitamin C: 6%; Calcium: 2%; Iron: 4%