Get into the holiday spirit with these fun, easy-to-prepare and kid-approved Mini Phyllo Shell dessert treats.
- 12 ounces whipped cream cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cans (13.4 ounces) Dulce de Leche (such as Nestle brand), divided
- 2 packages (15 count, each) traditional, Graham Cracker or Chocolate Flavor Athens® Phyllo Shells
- 14 ounces mini pretzels
- 30 round candies, small cherry or cranberry pieces for noses (i.e. M&M’s or Raisinettes)
- 60 candy eyes, small
In a medium mixing bowl, combine whipped cream cheese, salt and 1 1/2 cans of Dulce de Leche. Reserve remaining Dulce de Leche. Beat until blended thoroughly with an electric mixer on low speed. Spoon or pipe 1 tablespoon of filling into each shell.
Cut pretzels into “antler” pieces and gently press ends into filling near the top of shell. Cut pretzel in half down the center. Then trim off one rounded portion of each half to form a “V.” Using a pastry or Ziploc bag, pipe a small amount of the reserved Dulce de Leche in the center of each shell to form the reindeer’s snout. Place a red or brown candy or fruit piece in the center of each “snout” for the nose. Place two eyes above each snout.
Calories 45, Calories from Fat – 15, Total Fat – 1.5g, Saturated fat – .5g, Trans Fat – 0g, Cholesterol – 5mg, Sodium – 120 mg, Dietary Fiber – 0g, Sugars – 5g, Protein – 1g
- This is a great recipe to make with and for children of all ages.
- For added crispness, preheat oven to 350⁰F. Place empty shells on a baking sheet and bake for 3-5 minutes. Cool and fill.
- Dulce de Leche can be found in either the baking or ethnic section of your local grocery store.
- Candy eyes can be purchased at craft stores.