Upgrade your burrito with a flaky Phyllo crust using this recipe featuring grilled chicken, black beans and pepper jack cheese.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup onions, medium chopped
- 2 1/2 cups red pepper, medium diced
- 2 1/2 cups yellow pepper, medium diced
- 3 cups grilled chicken meat, diced
- 2 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 cups pepper jack cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 40 sheets Athens Phyllo Dough (9″ x 14″), thawed
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
In large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add onions and saute for 3 minutes. Add red and yellow peppers and saute for 5 minutes. Drain well and cool slightly.
In large mixing bowl, combine sautéed vegetables, cooked chicken, black beans, cheese, lime juice, chili powder, cumin and garlic, mixing lightly. Salt and pepper to taste.
Prepare 8 medium Phyllo rolls according to directions for rolls linked to the right. Brush outside of each roll with butter and place seam side down on un-greased cookie sheet.
Bake in preheated 3501/4F oven for 20 to 30 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with salsa.