Looking for easy phyllo dough recipes? Try this One Dish Phyllo Simple Supper recipe.
- 10 sheets Athens Phyllo Dough (9″ x 14″), thawed
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, thin sliced
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon sesame oil, plus additional for brushing
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 3/4 cup yellow and red peppers, cut julienne
- 1 1/4 cups fresh green beans, cut in half with ends trimmed
- 1 medium (approx. 4 ounces) sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1/8-1/4″ slices
- 5-6 red onion rings, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon cilantro, chopped
Thaw one roll of phyllo, following thawing instructions on package. Preheat oven to 350⁰F. Place ginger, garlic, soy sauce, sesame oil, lime juice and ½ teaspoon black pepper in a Ziploc bag. Cut chicken into 4 or 5 pieces and place in bag. Allow chicken to marinate at least one hour.
Mix together bread crumbs and cilantro.
Unroll and cover phyllo sheets with plastic wrap, then a slightly damp towel to prevent drying out.
Lay one sheet of phyllo vertically in a 9” pie pan with ends hanging over. Lightly coat with cooking spray. Sprinkle one teaspoon of bread crumb mixture over the entire surface. Lay the next sheet horizontally in pie pan so that it resembles a plus (+) sign. Spray the phyllo sheet and sprinkle 1 teaspoon of breadcrumb mixture. Repeat the process with 3 more sheets alternating direction for a total of 5 sheets. Do not spray top sheet. Carefully press down into the pan leaving the ends hanging over the edge.
Lay potato slices, slightly overlapping, on top of dough in a circular pattern. Spread green beans on top of potatoes. Spread onions on top of green beans. Sprinkle salt and remaining ¼ teaspoon of pepper on top of the vegetables.
Drain any excess marinade from the chicken and place on top of the vegetables, separating the pieces evenly. Place peppers on top.
Repeat phyllo layering process on top as done with the bottom of the pie. Crimp/ twist the bottom crust and top crust together all the way around the pie. Do not spray top sheet. Brush remaining sesame oil on top and edge. Cut a small “dime size” whole through all 5 layers in the center of the top dough to vent.
Bake for 35 minutes. Let stand 5-10 minutes before cutting. Serve warm.
Calories 180 Calories from Fat 35 Total Fat 4g Saturated Fat 5g Trans Fat 0g Cholesterol 20mg Sodium 590 mg Dietary Fiber 3g Sugars 3g Protein