Golden, flaky phyllo surrounds juicy pork tenderloin, apples, cranberries and apricots in this flavorful and crowd-pleasing entree.
- 1/2 cup Canola oil
- 1 Tbsp. Garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp. Garam Marsala seasoning
- 2 Pork tenderloins cut in half
- 2 Tbsp. Butter
- 1 cups Granny Smith apples, small diced
- 1/2 cup Dried apricots, chopped
- 1/2 cup Dried cranberries
- 1 Tbsp. Fennel fronds, chopped
- 1/4 cup Water
- 1 Tbsp. Sugar
- 2 tsp. Curry powder
- 20 (9” x 14”) sheets Athensô Twin Pack Phyllo Dough
- 1/2 cup Butter, melted
In a small mixing bowl combine oil, garlic, and Garam Marsala seasoning, mixing well. Marinade the pork for 1 hour.
Sear pork and chill slightly. Melt butter and saute apples, apricots, cranberries, onions, and fennel for 2-3 minutes.
Add water, sugar, and curry powder to saute pan and simmer until all the water is evaporated. Cool mixture in refrigerator for 1 hour.
Layer 5 sheets of Phyllo brushing each with melted butter or margarine. Spread 1/2 cup of fruit mixture along the edge of the Phyllo, place one piece of tenderloin on top and roll as a strudel.
Place seam side down, score top and brush with melted butter. Repeat 3 times. Bake at 3751/4 F for 30-40 minutes until golden brown.