Salmon and cucumber salsa make for a flavorful combination in this easy appetizer.
- 1 cup cucumbers, peeled, seeded and finely diced
- 1 teaspoon jalapeÒo pepper, minced
- 2 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 20 9″ x 14” sheets Athens Phyllo Dough, thawed (1 roll)
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 1 lb. cured or smoked skinless salmon fillet, thinly sliced
- 1 cup low fat sour cream
Thaw Athens Phyllo Dough according to package directions. Prepare Salsa: In small mixing bowl, combine cucumbers, jalapeño pepper, ginger, sugar and oil mixing lightly.
Chill for 1 hour. Layer 5 Phyllo sheets, spaying each from edge to edge with non-stick cooking spray between each layer, repeat with remaining 5 sheets.
Cut circles 1 1/2 times larger than mini muffin pan diameter. Carefully push Phyllo into pan and press carefully and firmly against bottom and sides.
Bake empty tart shells in preheated 3501/4F, oven for 9 minutes or until golden brown. Cool. Remove from pan.
Spoon 1 teaspoon of sour cream into each shell, top with a spoonful of salsa and garnish with slices of salmon attractively shaped. Serve immediately.