Crumbled sausage joins forces with dried cherries, toasted pecans and Granny Smith apples in these easy-to-make Mini Phyllo Shell appetizers.
- 1/4 cup bulk pork sausage
- 2 tablespoons minced onion
- 2 tablespoons minced celery
- 4 teaspoons chopped dried cherries
- 2 tablespoons catsup
- 4 teaspoons coarsely chopped toasted pecans
- 3 tablespoons coarsely chopped Granny Smith apples
- 1 package (15 count) Athens® Mini Phyllo Shells
In a small skillet, cook sausage and stir until well crumbled. Add onion, celery, dried cherries, catsup and pecans. Saute for 2 minutes. Add chopped apple and saute 2 minutes longer. Spoon 1 rounded teaspoon of filling into each Phyllo Shell. Bake in preheated 350°F oven for 5 minutes. Serve warm.