This is the sweetest way to get a dose of your daily protein. Juicy pineapple pairs perfectly with tender bits of chicken all piled on top of our crispy phyllo shells.
- 3 tablespoons canned pineapple, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons red bell pepper, finely diced
- 2 teaspoons minced red onion
- 3 teaspoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon lime zest
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup small diced chicken breast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 package (15 count) Athens® Phyllo Shells
To make pineapple salsa, in a small bowl, combine pineapple, pepper, onion, cilantro, lime juice, lime zest, and garlic. Chill for 1 hour. In a small skillet, heat oil and saute chicken 5-7 minutes until fully cooked. Chill for 1 hour. Combine pineapple salsa and chicken. Mix lightly. Add salt and pepper. Spoon filling into each phyllo shell. Serve immediately.
Calories 63.18 (44% from fat); Fat 3.15g (sat 0.7g, mono 1.0g, poly 0.6g); Carb 4.35g; Fiber 0.19g; Cholesterol 15.92mg; Iron 0.46mg; Sodium 99.6mg; Calcium 3.29mg