We live for any kind of appetizer that combines a green veg with a creamy dip. This one uses Greek yogurt, so it’s actually pretty good for you. A little extra kick from the hot sauce, fresh spinach and subtle sweetness from the pine nuts will make this hors d’oeuvre your new go-to party pleaser.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon chili powder, plus additional for garnish
- 10 ounces fresh spinach, washed and chopped
- ¼ cup pine nuts, chopped, toasted
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 package (15 count) Athens® Phyllo Shells
In a medium skillet, heat olive oil until shimmering. Add chopped onion, garlic, oregano and chili powder. Sauté briefly until translucent.
Add spinach, stirring to wilt completely. Add pine nuts, hot sauce, salt and pepper. Allow to cool.
Combine cooled mixture with Greek yogurt. Spoon mixture into each shell. Garnish with additional chili powder.