Winner in the phyllo.com 1-2-3-4 Mini Phyllo Shells Recipe Contest
- 5 slices part-skim mozzarella cheese (1/8 inch thick)
- 1 cup tomatoes, diced, reserve 15 pieces for garnish
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, torn
- 2 Tablespoons balsamic vinaigrette dressing
- 1 package (15 count) Athens® Phyllo Shells
Cut 15 star shapes from mozzarella cheese using a small star cookie cutter. Excess cheese can be added to tomato mixture if desired.
In a small bowl, combine remaining tomatoes with basil and balsamic vinaigrette. Fill each phyllo shell with tomato mixture. Top shells with a cheese star. Garnish with a tomato piece. Serve immediately.