The juicy fruits of summer pair perfectly on this herbed phyllo crust with ricotta cheese, goat cheese and chopped pistachios. A special summertime pizza.
- 1 roll Athens® Phyllo Dough (9″ x 14″), thawed
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup canola oil, divided
- 2 1/2 tablespoons water, divided
- 1/2 cup asiago cheese, grated, divided
- Orange zest from 1 orange
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chiffonade (plus additional for garnish)
- 1 container (15 ounce) ricotta cheese, drained
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- 2 plums, sliced 1/4″
- 2 peaches or nectarines, sliced 1/4″
- 1 mango, peeled, sliced 1/4″
- 1 cup grapes, seedless or cherries, pitted and halved
- 2/3 cup goat cheese
- 1/4 cup pistachios, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup peach jam
Thaw one roll of phyllo, following thawing instructions on package. Preheat oven to 375ºF.
In a small bowl whisk together egg white, 2 tablespoons canola oil and 1 1/2 tablespoons water and set aside. In another small bowl combine 1/4 cup asiago cheese, orange zest and 1 tablespoon basil.
Unroll and cover phyllo with plastic wrap and then a slightly damp towel to prevent drying out. Lay one sheet phyllo on a pizza pan, pizza stone or baking tray. Brush lightly with egg mixture and sprinkle with asiago mixture. Lay another sheet of phyllo crosswise creating a plus sign and brush with egg mixture and sprinkle asiago mixture. Layer twice more laying the sheets diagonally to form an “X” over the plus sign. Repeat this procedure until you have used 9-10 sheets of phyllo brushing and sprinkling all but the top layer. Brush top layer lightly with canola oil. Roll the perimeter in approximately 1″ creating an outside crust for the pizza. Lightly brush with oil. Repeat entire procedure to create a second pizza crust. Par bake 8 minutes or until just starting to brown. Remove from oven and cool slightly.
In a medium bowl, combine drained ricotta, 1/4 cup asiago, cracked black pepper and thyme leaves. Divide ricotta mixture between the two pizzas, gently spreading across pizza crust. Lay fruit decoratively over ricotta. Top with goat cheese and pistachios. Return to oven and bake 10-12 minutes or until crust has browned and fruit has roasted.
In a small microwavable bowl mix peach jam with 1 tablespoon water. Microwave on high 15 seconds or until thinned into a glaze. Brush lightly over pizzas. Garnish with basil.
Serving size: 1 slice (159g), Amount per serving: Calories 280, Total Fat – 14g, Saturated fat – 5g, Trans Fat – 0g, Cholesterol –- 35mg, Sodium – 200mg, Dietary Fiber – 1g, Total Carbohydrate – 32g, Total Sugars – 16g, Protein – 8g, Vitamin D – 0%, Calcium 35%, Iron 6%, Potassium 2%
- When layering phyllo dough, it is important to use 9-10 sheets to support the toppings. It is not vital that the layering pattern of “+” and “x” be complete.
- Other light colored seedless jams may be used in place of peach jam.