Phyllo desserts recipes for that special someone in your life.
- 2 packages (15 count, each) Athens® Mini Phyllo Shells†
- 2/3 cup mini chocolate chips
- 10 ounces strawberries, divided (8 ounces +2 ounces)
- 8 ounces mascarpone cheese
- 1/4 cup confectioner’s sugar
- Pinch salt†
Preheat oven to 350⁰F. Divide chocolate chips in each of the shells. Place shells on a baking sheet and bake for 3–5 minutes. Cool.
In a blender, puree 8 ounces of strawberries, reserving remaining strawberries for garnish. Add in mascarpone cheese, confectioner’s sugar and salt. Blend until just combined. Chill filling for 45 minutes, then pipe or spoon into shells. Garnish with strawberry slices.
1 shell (14g). Amount per serving: Calories, 40; Calories from Fat, 25 (Total Fat, 3g; Saturated Fat, 1.5g; Trans Fat, 0g); Cholesterol, 0mg; Sodium, 1 mg; Dietary Fiber, 0g; Total Carbohydrate, 3g; Sugars, 3g; Protein, 1g
Softened cream cheese can be substituted for mascarpone.