- 2 packages (15 count, each) Athens® Phyllo Shells or Graham Cracker Phyllo Shells
- 4 cups small apples, diced
- 1 cup apple cider
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla bean paste
- 2 teaspoons apple pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Whipped cream, for topping
Place phyllo shells onto a tray and set aside.
In a 12-inch skillet, add apples, apple cider, brown sugar, vanilla bean paste, apple pie spice and kosher salt. Cook over medium heat until the cider has cooked down and the apples are soft. If the apples are not soft enough when the mixture cooks down, add a bit more cider and continue cooking until the desired texture has been achieved.
Add apple pie mixture to the phyllo shells and top with whipped cream if desired.