Looking for a wonderful appetizer? Follow this simple recipe to keep your guests coming back!
- 30 – 9″ x 14” sheets Athensô Phyllo Dough, thawed (1-1/2 rolls)
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 lb. 4 oz. veal cutlets, julienne-cut
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 12 oz. mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons shallots, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup Marsala wine
- 1 cup red peppers, roasted and julienne-cut
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil leaves, minced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
Thaw Athens Phyllo Dough according to package directions. In a medium bowl, combine flour, salt and pepper. Mix lightly.
Dredge veal in flour, shaking off excess flour. In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of oil. Saute veal until lightly browned and remove from skillet.
Add mushrooms, shallots and garlic. Saute for 4-5 minutes. Add wine and red pepper. Cook for 5-10 minutes until all liquid is evaporated.
Remove from heat and mix lightly with cooked veal and basil. Chill for 1 hour. Layer 5 sheets of Athens Phyllo Dough and brush each sheet with oil.
Repeat five more times. Fold each set of layered Phyllo in half lengthwise. Divide veal mixture into 6 equal parts. Place mixture in center of Phyllo.
Brush edges with oil, fold over, crimp and twist edges to form a semi-circle papillote. Brush top with oil to seal.
Bake in preheated oven at 375°F oven for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.