Creamy spinach artichoke dip baked in a crispy phyllo shell and topped with a sweet cherry tomato.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 green onions, green and white parts, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 cups baby spinach, rough cut
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ½ teaspoon lemon juice
- ¾ cup marinated artichoke hearts, well drained and patted dry
- ½ cup vegan cream cheese, such as Daiya Plain Cream Cheeze Style Spread
- 1/3 cup vegan mayonnaise, such as Hellman’s Vegan Dressing & Spread
- 2 packages (15 count, each) Athens® Phyllo Shells
- ¼ cup vegan mozzarella, shredded
- 10 cherry tomatoes, sliced in thirds, for garnish
Preheat oven to 375°F.
In a large skillet, heat olive oil. Add green onions and garlic, cook over medium high heat for 2 minutes, then add spinach, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes. Stir together and continue cooking 4 -5 minutes or until spinach starts to wilt. Remove from heat, drain off any liquid. Stir in lemon juice.
Place drained artichokes in a food processor bowl pulsing 4 or 5 times or until artichokes are chopped approximately ½”. Add in vegan cream cheese, mayonnaise and spinach mixture. Pulse 10-11 times or until smooth and all ingredients are incorporated.
Spoon filling into phyllo shells and place on a baking tray. Top each with a few shreds of mozzarella. Bake for 6-8 minutes. Garnish each with a cherry tomato slice and serve.
Serving size: 1 Shell (23g), Amount per serving: Calories 45, Total Fat – 3.5g, Saturated fat – .5g, Trans Fat – 0g, Cholesterol – 0mg, Sodium – 90 mg, Dietary Fiber – 0g, Total Carbohydrate – 3g Sugars – 0g, Protein –1g, Vitamin D – 0%, Calcium 0%, Iron 0%, Potassium – 0%